Tracer forProject™ – Find the Critical Path
Tracer forProject™ is an add-in for Microsoft Project that make is easier to trace the schedule logic to determine what tasks and relationships are driving the critical path and affecting the completion dates of the project or key interim milestones.
Microsoft Project can handle even the largest projects, yet as project size increases it can be more difficult to identify and manage the critical path.
As you get more sophisticated in your project scheduling, or as your project size increases, you need better tools to help you trace the project schedule logic and identify the tasks that drive the critical path to completion. This is where Tracer forProject comes in.
Tracer forProject is a powerful add-in for Microsoft Project that allows you to trace the critical path through even the largest project plans.
Tracer allows you to:
- Step through the project logic, tracing Predecessor or Successor tasks
- Observe task fields that are affecting the schedule
- Identify the driving predecessors or successors
- Observe Free Slack and Total Slack for Tasks, Predecessors and Successors
- Switch between Gantt view and Network Logic view
With Tracer forProject, it becomes much easier to trace network logic, particularly on larger schedules, and to quickly identify the critical path that is driving project or milestone completion.
- Microsoft Project 2007 SP2 (or later) or Project 2010 (Standard and Professional editions)
- Windows XP SP2 (or later)
- Windows Vista SP2 (or later)
- Windows 7 SP1 (or later)
- Both 32 and 64-bit support